So. It’s time for the annual mega book sale, so I had to pop out at lunch to try to grab the titles I really wanted. Here’s the list of today’s haul:
- Midtens rike by Torbjørn Færøvik, 179 kr – having read his book on India, this was top of my list of “must haves” in the sale.
- Da Emma ble Emma by Peter Gotthardt, 99 kr – one can never have too many books that explain the whole birds and bees thing
- Bare helt meg, Clarice Bean by Lauren Child, 99 kr – on second thought I should have noted the title and ordered an English version, but I can always do that anyway and save this for a present. I love Lauren Child.
- Barske ramperim by Gustav Lorentzen, 125 kr – goes without saying.
- Døde menn går i land by André Bjerke, 79 kr – lovely little pocket-size hardback of a book I’ve been meaning to read.
- Livets kruseduller by Øistein Kristiansen, 149 kr – both the lass and I love Øisteins blyant, so this was an obvious choice.
- Paddington i dag by Michael Bond, 39 kr – another one where the English version would have been a better choice.