Well, if you’ve been around for a while, that is.
We are once more coming up to Christmas, and though I have pretty much everything I could wish for there are always one or two little odds and ends. Material girl, that’s me.
Again, I think I’ve been reasonably good. I’ve probably annoyed a few people, but, really, people get annoyed so easily and one can’t be universally popular – even you struggle with that so what chance do the rest of us have?
Thanks for clearing Rowling’s calendar so that she was able to finish Book 7 at last, btw, it was much appreciated (and not only by myself, as far as I can gather).
- World peace. Yes, I know, I never give up. Consider it as an expression of faith.
- A permanent job would be kinda nice. One I would actually enjoy even better.
- An external flash – with adjustable lamp direction (for example: this or this).
- The book “Ur-Pippi” by Astrid Lindgren in Swedish.
- Photoshop CS3 (I wish).
- Health and longevity for my nearest and dearest and for the following authors/artists (and any others I may have forgotten): Robin Hobb, J.K. Rowling, Stephen Fry, Jo Nesbø, Ole Paus, Bjørn Eidsvåg, Alanis Morisette, Michael Wiehe, Michael Parkinson, Håkon Gullvåg, Rosamunde Pilcher, Bill Bryson, Kate Atkinson, Bob Dylan and Jasper Fforde. You know why.
- Non Stop. As usual.
- One of those horribly expensive sewing machines. Preferably Husqvarna, but I’d be willing to consider Pfaff. One that does embroidery – where I can design the patterns myself – would be cool, but failing that, one with a gazillion fancy seams would make me very happy. Or an overlock. That would certainly make me happy, too.