Some pictures from the new flat:
Now, problem areas:
- That carpeted wall. What were they thinking? Down it comes. Room will be painted white. Probably.
- Green walls: Will be white ASAP.
- Paneling: I hate it. Will consider tearing it down. Otherwise painting it white to blend with rest of wall. Probably tearing down, though.
- Window frames and mouldings: I don’t like it. You guessed it: Paint it white.
- Doors: Oh, the horror. A lick of paint would help, but I want the moulding gone, really, so I might try removing it on one door to see how much work it will take to make the door presentable.
- Kitchen: It’s ok, I guess. Long term we will probably want to remodel. I’m still tempted to paint it, but I might not bother if we’re going to tear it out in a few years. It’s not the first project I’ll tackle, anyway.
- Oh, and yes, those windows over the doors and wall. *Shudder* Not quite sure what to do there. Need to think. I suppose we could replace them with something “cleaner”.