Looks like this
The Hello Kitty was the lass’ idea… The pattern is from another Ottobre (I’ll check the issues and update). I didn’t want to “waste” the happy camper fabric on a lining which was not meant to show, so I used a scrap of blue organic cotton. The button is from stash (aquired in a big lot of buttons at a flea market). I must say I’m pretty pleased, I even managed to figure out the whole issue of the fly – something I’ve never sewn from scratch before. The instructions in Ottobre are pretty good, on the whole, though, so I will not claim any unreasonable honour from that.
I made one alteration to the pattern, since I cut it rather big (hoping it will last a while): I added button hole elastic in the waistband with buttons (again from that flea market stash) to enable adjusting it. A good thing I did, too, as it’s waaaaay too wide as is, but looks pretty good once tightened a bit.
Action picture may be forthcoming…