But you’re obviously welcome to read the list anyway…
1. What is the geekiest part of your music collection?
I’m not entirely sure that my music collection is particularly geeky. How do you define geeky music anyway? Are Dylan’s bootlegs geeky? I dunno. Some of the CDs I’ve been given by my brother are probably pretty geeky (though Belle & Sebastian must be practically mainstream by now). Help?
2. What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night?
3. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie?
“Secret”? Well, I tend to tear up at any “appropriate” moment – I even got tears in my eyes at the end of Shrek II… – but as an example, Little Lord Fauntelroy is pretty tear-inducing.
4. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
Nothing, I’m used to my body the way it is. The only possible thing I could wish for was a “feet reduction” surgery, making my feet small enough to fit standard women’s size shoes, as I am rather sick of trying to hunt out shoes to fit me, but I doubt if that’s even possible, really…
5. Do you have a completely irrational fear?
I’m claustrophobic in certain circumstances, mostly involving other people. I have to sit at the end of tables – I hate having a person on each side. The irrational part of this is I’m quite happy to have a wall on one side and no room to move. I’m fine with either aisle or window seats in planes, for example, but seriously dislike sitting in the middle of a row.
6. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moment?
I really have no idea. I guess I tend to cross my arms, but that could be a sign of disapproval as well as of insecurity.
7. Are you a pyromaniac?
Well, I like setting fire to things, if that’s what you mean. I also like putting fires out, however. And I don’t actually burn stuff that isn’t meant to be burnt, i.e. I set fire to pieces of paper and light matches and candles and such, but I don’t tend to douse houses in petrol and throw a match to them.
8. Do you have too many love interests?
9. Do you know anyone famous?
Not really famous.
10. Describe your bed:
Eh. Two 75×200 matresses make up a 150×200 bed (of which we generally use less than 120×200, but never mind). It’s got legs, and no other decoration. Not very exciting, is it?
11. Spontaneous or planned?
I can be spontaneous as long as I have time to plan for it.
12. Who should play you in a movie about your life?
I’d rather they didn’t make a movie about my life, actually.
13. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. I don’t suppose I’ve got the proper poker-face, though.
14. What do you carry with you at all times?
Wallet and mobile (with exceptions). I used to never leave the house without a book, but I’ve given up bringing one to work these days, as I have company most of the way there and I can’t read on the bus when I’m tired – which I am when going home.
15. What do you miss most about being a kid?
The lack of responsibility for the necessities of day-to-day living.
16. Are you happy with your given name?
Yes, thank you.
17. How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year?
Quite a bit. It would mean having to go back to paper-based banking for one thing, which would be a pain in the a**. And no google to answer all my questions. Though I suppose a couple of months’ salary might do it if you’re offering.
18. What color is your bedroom?
The same as our living room, since it’s the same room… A sort of dark mayonnese colour, warm yellow.
19. What was the last song you were listening to?
Teddybjørnen with Bjørn Eidsvåg
20. Have you ever been in a play?
No. Only short scetches at school, and boy did I stink in those.
21. Have you ever been in love?
Am and am loving it.
22. Do you talk a lot?
23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?
Yes and yes.
24. Do transient, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you?
Occasionally, yes, when they sometime manage to convey the impression that they think it’s my fault more than theirs that they are homeless etc.
25. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
Most of the time.
26. Do you spend more time with your girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends?
27. What is your ideal marriage location?
Luckily, Nordbotn kirke comes pretty close.
28. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
The guitar. It would be nice to be able to sit around a camp fire and play the guitar and sing. Mind you, I’d kind of need to be able to sing as well…
29. Favorite fabric?
Velvet, without a doubt.
30. Something you love and hate?
Love: Martin. Hate: Uhm. Injustice. That’ll do.
31. What kind of bedding do you use?
Double duvet – extra long (I believe it’s 200×220).
32. Do you tell your friends about your sex life?
33. What’s the one language you want to learn?
I’d like to know Spanish properly.
34. How do you eat an apple?
Are there more ways than one? I guess I sort of start at a point equidistant from the stalk and whatsitcalled (the flower-end) and work my way round that line and then eat what might be left in the areas towards the stalk and flowery-bit and leave the core. Or something.
35. What do you order at a bar?
Single malt whisky. English cider (in pints, please). Coffee. Long Island Ice Tea, occasionally. Water, oftentimes.
36. Have you ever pierced your body parts?
I used to have my ears pierced, for a short while, way back when (which is still visible, because the piercings won’t quite heal).
37. Do you have tattoos?
No. I’d never be able to make up my mind what design to get.
38 is missing and presumed dead.
39. Do you drive stick?
40. What’s one trait you hate in a person?
Assuming that they know exactly what you are talking about when they quite clearly have no f***ing idea.
41. What kind of watch(es) do you have?
I have a metal designery-though-not-very-expensive one somewhere. I haven’t looked at it for over a year though. I also have a very cool plastic one with Tigger, but I can’t wear it as I’d get a rash. I don’t wear a watch nowadays, I use my mobile when I need to know the time.
42. Most frivolous purchase?
I fell head over heels for a semi-goth top that cost close on 1000 NOK that I still, two years down the line, haven’t been able to find an occcasion for using – that has to be pretty frivolous?
43. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
Yes and no. Stuff matters, but other stuff matters more, to put it in an entirely non-clear way.
44. What do you cook the best?
Various pasta and rice dishes, I think, mostly beacause that’s what I’ve had the most practice with.
45. Favorite writing instrument?
Parker roller-ball pens.
46. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
Standing out, probably.
47. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
48. What’s the one car you will never buy?
Something that guzzled gas for no good reason or something that wasn’t fit for the purpose (i.e. I’d never buy a SUV for town use).
49. What kind of books do you like to read?
50. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Buy a house. Buy lots of books. Pay off debt. Travel. Spend loads of money on presents. Probably, if I could afford to, quit work and go do something worthwhile – work for charity or whatever.
51. Burial or cremation?
52. How many online journals do you read regularly?
Daily or almost-daily I’m down to less than ten.
53. What’s one thing you’re a sore loser at?
I’m pretty competitive and like winning, but I only like winning fairly. I am therefore a terribly sore loser if I feel that the game hasn’t been played fairly and that I’d had a chance of winning if it had.
54. If you don’t like a person, how do you show it?
Try to avoid having anything to do with them, cut them short if they insist on speaking to me – keep a cordial exchange going if I hve to work with them, but avoid it if I can.
55. Do you cry in front of your friends?
Only over films and occasionally books.
56. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
I seriously have no idea.
57. What’s one thing you like to do alone?
Go to the bathroom, thank you very much. With pretty much everything else it depends on the potential company.
58. Are you a giver or a taker?
Both, though more of a giver, I think.
59. When’s the last time you cried?
I think it was the end of Shrek II as mentioned earlier.
60. Favorite communication method?
61. How many drinks before you’re tipsy?
62. Do you think you’re cute?
63. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends?
No. Well, I wouldn’t necessarily strip in front of male friends, but it depends on the situation and to what level of stripping we’re talking about.