This year I have not been particularly good. However, I would really appreciate it if you could see your way to providing one or more of the following (wrapped up underneath the tree where appropriate):
1. Peace on earth (ok, I know it’s a long shot, but this one’s kinda important)
2. A tripod for my camera
3. A measure of will-power
4. A bag of Non-stop (chocolate, look a bit like smarties, but have quite a different taste – this shop seems to sell Norwegian chocolate on the web)
5. A portable MP3 player
6. Some time for J.K. Rowling to sit down and finish writing The Last Three Books.
7. Health and longevity for the following authors/artists (and any others I may have forgotten) as well as to my familiy and friends: Robin Hobb, J.K. Rowling, Stephen Fry, Gunnar Staalesen, Jo Nesbø, Ole Paus, Bjørn Eidsvåg, Alanis Morisette, Michael Wiehe, Håkon Gullvåg, Rosamunde Pilcher, Bill Bryson, Kate Atkinson (it’s not that any of them appear, particularly, to be ailing, it’s just that on average I’ve lost at least one favourite a year lately, and while that may be a fact of life, I don’t have to like it, do I?)
8. A bottle of the new cask strength Lagavulin.
9. A pair of pyjama bottoms that are as good as the ones with Tigger on that I bought at the Disney Store in Madison
10. The Rough Guide to Ireland (in preparation for the planned trip with Linda this summer)