– how come time can move agonisingly slowly and dizzyingly (is that a word?) fast at the same time?
– which century is this? *
– book sales are Good Things
– so are flea markets **
– ISDN really seems slow after broadband, I cannot now imagine how I ever managed to surf the net with any pleasure on a 56KB modem
– I miss the beach at Worthing
– working from home has some odd effects***
* Prompted by a notice in the papers that Princess Madeline of Sweden was refused permission to be formally engaged to her boyfriend on the grounds that it would look bad if the younger sister got engaged before the older – the older being crown princess Victoria, who has yet to find the man of her dreams, apparently.
** I got hold of several Clupea plates (though only one unchipped) and a couple of good books on Saturday’s expedition
*** One of which is profound restlessness, probably due to the lack of “opportunities” of getting out of the house – unfortunately it’s not a restlessness it’s easy to employ fruitfully, there are fewer outlets what with living in the guest bedroom (normally, when I get restless, I try to utilise it by tidying the cupboards or cleaning or similar useful things, it’s less easy to do this in someone else’s house).